Monday, May 7, 2012

Random Nonsense That Has No Purpose

So, it is Monday and I am sort of off to a good start.  But, then again not.  I also have a tone of different little stories that are unrelated (or seem that way to me) so here is my random Monday post.

  • Yesterday Peter Pan was watching NBA playoff games and happened to see 2 differrent fans walk onto the court during 2 different games.  One was mad at the official for a perceived bad call, the other was flat out drunk.  It was pretty funny, but bizarre,  I don't think I have ever seen that happen so to see it twice in one day was wierd.
  • We got Belle her graduation gift early.  This was really a necessity since she will need it next year and Moose will need his back when he comes home next week. 



  • All four of us have had Mustangs as our first cars.  Of course Peter Pan's  was a way cool 1968 Mustang that was maroon, mine was a 1982 white one that was definitely not so cool.  Moose's and Belle's are both 2008.  They are a lot a like.  It is cool to have traditions.


  • Having two 2008 Mustangs is confusing when it comes to things like car loans, insurance, and property tax.  You have to know the VIN number to keep them straight.  This is not good.
  • Yesterday Belle ran in the Color Me Rad 5K in Virginia Beach.  It was really fun to watch and certainly a low key, low stress event.  She came home a painted mess (sort of like someone had tried to turn her into abstract art or a cartoon character from the 70's).  





  • After Belle's race and the "after party"  Peter Pan and I went to Pocahontas Pancakes and Waffles in Virginia Beach.  They have the best  Pecan Pancakes around (this is according to Food Network, not just me!)
  • There was a cheerleading competition at the Virginia Beach Convention Center so Pocahontas Pancakes was overrun with cheerleaders and their families. (I'm just saying...)
  • Cheerleading competitions remind me a lot of skating competitions, same pressure, same pre-event prepping (hair, make-up, etc.) same insane Moms (and Dads.)
  • My treadmill is dying and this is hugely annoying to me.  I am just getting into a really good morning walking routine and now I am going to have to modify it.
  • I tried walking with the dogs this morning, Fenway wasn't bad, she just wanted to stop and sniff EVERYTHING!  Bella was HORRIBLE!  She barked at every car, bike, jogger and walker that passed us.  I had to keep stopping to hold her little mouth shut.  Then she wriggled one leg out of the harness so another stop was needed to fix that.  Not so much on the consistency this morning.  Lesson learned, tomorrow Bella stays home!
  • After our walk Fenway had a seizure.  She hasn't had one in over a year so I am not at all sure what precipitated this one.  It was awful. 
  • Bella has seizures at least once a week.  Often enough to be worrisome, and slightly annoying (I know I am not a good dog mom to admit I am annoyed by her illness), but not really often enough to treat them.  She had one on Saturday, it was sort of bad and definitely worried me, but as soon as they are over she is back to her bad self.
  • Moose is almost done with his second year at VMI.  That is hard to believe.
  • Belle only has 27 days left of high school, even harder to comprehend.
  • It is absolutely gorgeous here today and I should be out mowing the lawn, but I am just too tired to do it.
  • The Red Sox are really, well I can't say how I really feel, but they are not making me happy right now!
  • Monday is over!



No comments:

Post a Comment