Monday, May 16, 2011

Cut Backs

Well it is starting.  I am having to start cutting back on skating expenses since Peter Pan is unemployed.  I know that seems like a no brainer- skating comes from disposable income and when that decreases it is an obvious cut.  The reality isn't quite so cut and dry.  Belle is trying to pass her Senior Supplemental moves and Junior Freeskate tests.  She needs every moment of skating- practice ice and coaching - that we can afford.  We were hoping to jump in and get some more compulsory dances knocked out as well, but that doesn't look to be possible right now.  She is already paying for a good bit of her skating with babysitting and her learn to skate class coaching.  She is looking for a job, Peter Pan is looking, I am trying to find a second or even third job.  This sucks!  I know, not the nicest words, but the most appropriate for the situation.  I also know God has a plan, I just don't see it right now.  I am having a hard time waiting for it!  So here is what I am telling myself, even though this is not a 12 step situation it still seems to fit! 

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.



Now on with Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment