Friday, May 13, 2011

Too Many Thoughts, Too Little Time

I have been avoiding writing for the last few days.  It isn't because I don't have anything to say, there are many thoughts running through my head, I just haven't had the time to sit and actually organize them into something coherent.  That is the life of a teacher in May and June.  It seems as though things should be winding down, but in reality there is so much still to do!  There are tests to take, papers to grade, report cards, student files to update, state tests to administer, class rooms to pack up (and this year move to a new room), student writing to assess, and all in the next few weeks.  Not to mention the things going on at home.  Moose needs to bring all his things home from school, do laundry and get back to school for the first summer session.  Belle is taking her SAT's and ACT's and will have National Honor Society Induction and a Spring Sports Banquet.  The skating club has an annual meeting, a test session (Belle will be testing her Senior Supplemental Moves, probably a compulsory dance and possibly a freeskate test), and a competition to prepare for.

I want to be witty and funny and full of humorous anecdotes, but mostly I am frazzled, fried and brain dead.  I think it was around this time last year when I was trying to read Norman Bridwell's  book "The Witch's Vacation" to my kindergarten and I kept mixing up witch and beach with some rather unfortunate results.  It is downhill from here on out, that is just not a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment