Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Enough Already!

The floors are finally in, well except for 4 transitions that won't arrive until after the new year.  The house is a wreck!  We managed to mess up the cable, that meant a dreaded wait for the Cox repair guy.  He was actually very prompt, very helpful and we are back up and running.  So, I am trying desperately to clean and put things back where they belong.  The floors really look amazing, but my house ins not in any state of order.

Belle and I went to Boston sunday to look at Boston University and the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.  We had a really fun trip and even got to have dinner with Peter Pan's sister while we were there.  Belle says she is the cool, fun Aunt who teaches you how to make jello shots (wait, that is my sister, actually Belle and Moose have 2 really cool, fun Aunts!)  I was hoping that Belle would hate the schools in Boston, but no such luck.  She really liked them and now she is torn about where she wants to go and why.  Her choices are all very different from one another.  In my mind that makes money the deciding factor, Belle wants no part of that discussion.  She really wants to be able to decide solely on the merits of each choice. I truly hope she gets that opportunity.

I returned from Boston to a pile of school work, grad school application pieces I need to finish up, several pieces of business for this weeks skating exhibition at Mac on Ice, and a huge mix up with the competition application that I sent off for a sanction.  I have a lot of work to do tonight to correct all the mistakes.  That is of course why I am blogging, I have soooooo much extra time.  I am also trying to clean and decorate for Christmas, and play Secret Santa at work. 

I spent a couple hours decorating tonight and I did get the tree up (not decorated completely) and the mantle decorated.  I just got frustrated with the way it was all going and as much as I love the new floors Christmas tree bulbs SHATTER when they hit it.  Reason one that carpet is better.  However, it looks really nice.  Hopefully it will stay standing and I won't break anymore ornaments. 

This isn't a great time of year to be so overwhelmed.  I am just swamped under paper work and other junk.  As of now, I have officially had enough!  Just saying, okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment