Friday, January 25, 2013

My New Obsession

Well, I shouldn't really call it an obsession, but I have become completely convinced that my Kindergarten students need to paint their hands or feet to create art on a regular basis.  It all started with handprint turkeys in November.  Then we did reindeer in December and we also did a precious ornament with 5 little snowmen.  Before leaving for winter break I repeated the 5 little snowmen and put it on paper, then we wrote about the snowmen.  Actually, we filled in the blanks to create our own little rhyme.  Last week I decided to try footprint penguins and footprint snowmen.  This week it was skin colored paint in different shades for "I Have a Dream" stories.  They were adorable.  I am already planning to repeat last year's really cute Thing One and Thing Two when we get closer to Dr. Seuss and Read Across America.  I also have some great ideas for February, March and April.  The one thing I need to do is find parents to come and assist with this process so that I can actually teach reading groups instead of paint little hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment