Monday, June 6, 2011

Sometimes It Is Painful

4:00 AM came very, very early today!  I had an incredibly hard time actually getting out of bed and making myself get ready.  I don't know why, I just couldn't motivate myself today.  Was it painful, sort of, but that isn't what got me thinking. 

It was very quiet at the rink today, some of the usual morning people were not there.  I had a lot of time to just sit and watch Belle skate with no distraction.  I noticed some things.  The main thing I noticed was that she was in pain.  She didn't tell me this, she didn't have too.  I could see it on her face and in her movement.  She hurt!

After she skated I asked what hurt and she said pretty much everything.  That is not a good way to start the day!  I guess I need to quit whining about getting up, after all, she did so without complaining, skated through the pain without complaining and wouldn't have said anything if I hadn't asked.  I am not sure proud is the correct descriptor here, but I was impressed with her dedication and fortitude! 


Fortunately she has an appointment with her rheumatologist today.  Peter Pan is taking her so I hope they convey how lousy she feels.  I am leaving him a list of questions and things to make sure the doctor knows.  Good luck to them all, this could be a difficult appointment. 

Just as an afterthougth I am almost done with 4:00 AM wake up calls.  I have 2 weeks of school left and then it will be SUMMER VACATION!  I can see the finish line from here!  The wierd thing is I don't think I will be at morning ice next year.  Belle will be driving herself and won't need me there.  I am not sure this is a finish line I want to cross.  I have been at that rink by 5:00 AM for the last 7 years, I don't know what I will do without it.  Of course even now I don't know most of the people who skate there, though mornings are still people I know (we are a fairly small crowd.)  I stopped by to watch Belle yesterday afternoon for a few minutes and I knew almost no one in the lobby.  It was really strange!  Anyway, I guess more bittersweet moments for the next couple of weeks. 






No comments:

Post a Comment