Friday, June 10, 2011

Why This, Why Now

I am not in the mood for this at all!  Today has been a bit of a train wreck!  I got up and took Belle to the rink for morning ice and a lesson.  She did all right, she seems in a little less pain than yesterday, but still not up to her normal self.  Of course she won't tell her coach that she hurts.  I am proud of her strength, but I think coach should know when she can barely move.  When I tell it just seems like I am justifying a less than stellar performance.  Any way, she came off the ice and told me she needed cups for a party at school.  I just couldn't do Wal-Mart today so we paid the extra at Wawa.  Then I shared some info I had recently heard with her.  It sent her into a terrible state.  The actual information is unimportant, but she reacted extremely badly!  We had 5 minutes till I dropped her at school and she was a mess. 

"It's not fair!"  she lamented. 

"I agree, it isn't fair, but there isn't much we can do about it!"  I countered.  Too late, though, the damage was done.  I hate seeing my kids sad!  Fair or not fair, right or wrong I am furious that she has been dealt another blow!  In any case she got herself out of the car and off to school.

I decided to go home and get breakfast.  I had a bowl of cereal and watched some morning TV.  I have no idea what I watched because as soon as I finished the cereal I drifted off to sleep, waking when the bowl and spoon almost fell out of my hands.  I decided to go upstairs and take a quick nap.  Another big mistake.  All that did for me was make me groggy and cranky. 

Work was okay, but the classroom moving is stressful.  I had my students help out today- I gave them all one little box to carry down the hall (I mean little, they were rubbermaid shoe boxes).  In one trip I had a box of kangaroo counters, a box of foam shapes, and a whole pile of cut tissue paper hit the floor.  What a mess and so much for having them help with the move.  Now I am sort of stalled because the class I am moving into is a Kindergarten room and they have a huge "graduation" coming up on Monday.  The teacher, understandibly, doesn't want a mess of moving stuff.  I decided to try and do some cool stuff with my class, but mostly I ended up running from group to group and redirecting.  So much for cool stuff.

I got home and decided to chill with some TV, and just about the time I drifted back to nap land we got a HUGE thunderstorm.  Lightning may or may not have hit something in our neighborhood.  In came Belle, she pretended to want to talk, but she was worried about the storm (I sort of was too, it was huge!)  So no pre-dinner nap for me. 

Moose is home and has decided that he is on a low fat diet.  This doesn't really mean he eats less, just more expensive stuff now.  Meat was okay, broccoli was fine, no french fries please- too much saturated fat.  I wouldn't mind so much if he didn't eat so much.  Meat is expensive!  Of course this is a good thing in the long run so we will support it! 

So, now it is 8:30, Belle has gone to the movies with friends,  Peter Pan is trying to explain the finer points of hockey to Moose while they watch the Stanley Cup (see this is why hockey is better than soccer... ) and I think I am going to bed.  Tomorrow is a busy day, Belle has her ACT's and I have a Tidewater board meeting and annual meeting (which Belle says she won't attend due to the stress of taking ACT's!)  I am down to 5 work days till summer vacation so in reality, all is good!!!!  Still, today was just a little too much for me!  Can't things just be cool for 5 days?!

No comments:

Post a Comment