Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Advice for Middle School Parents

I have only a short time to write this morning.  I didn't get much sleep last night so as a result I overslept this morning.  I am trying to jumpstart with some coffee but so far no luck.  The root of this poor sleep, having a senior in the house!  Looming scholarship deadlines, essays, college applications, senior trips, college visits...  The list goes on and on and on.  I spent the evening (well, after a wonderful time with my awesome Waters Edge Community Group!) helping Belle finish some scholarship essays.  This was not a wonderful, bonding moment.  It was stressful and painful for us both.  We approach writing very differently and this leads to many confrontations.  By the final essay and at almost 10:00 PM we were both in the just write anything mode.  That isn't really where you need or want to be.  So, my friends with middle schoolers, just start now!

No comments:

Post a Comment