Saturday, November 26, 2011

Painting....

I am having some coffee before I go back upstairs and get back to paiting Moose's room.  We have decided to let Belle move into Moose's old room (it is bigger, thus more desirable).  moose was agreeable because he was bribed promised a new TV if he switched rooms.  Actually we are turning his room into a "man cave" of sorts for both he and Peter Pan.  Moose is only here 2 months a year or so anyway.  The biggest issue was that Belle's old room was pink.  Not soft pink, pepto bismol pink.  This picture doesn't do it justice but you can sort of tell.  The wall color was bright.  At night if you were outside it glowed.


So the biggest thing that had to happen was a paint job.  Pink is not a color for any self respecting  man cave.  Moose at first said he wanted 4 colors (are you kidding me?)   He wanted a Patriots blue wall, Celtics green, Red Sox red and Bruins yellow.   Now I am adventurous with paint.  Belle's new room has 3 purple walls and one navy blue wall.  But 4 colors in a room?  I don't think so.  Not to mention that this is the smallest room (well except the bathrooms) in our house.  I can't even imagine how hideous it would be.  I finally convinced him that he wanted a light wall color and then he could add pictures, art, etc.  So we are going with a light blue (almost the same as his last room color.)

Now any of you have painted know what is going on.  Light blue over almost neon pink...  I have already used almost a gallon on the first 2 walls.  Before you ask, we got the Behr paint and primer in one.  No I didn't put primer on, it is in the paint and it is supposed to be 1 coat coverage!  It's not!  To be fair I don't think it had a chance.  The pink was just too bright. 

So, I am going to finish my coffee and start in again.  I did the easy walls last night, they didn't have windows or doors that needed much cutting in.  Belle and Moose wanted to help but I couldn't take the help.  Again to be fair, it wasn't that they were not painting well.  The room is small.  Moose only can use 1 arm (he is still recovering from his surgery.)  He is huge anyway.  The three of us in a really small space with paint just sort of overwhelmed me.  Then Peter Pan decided to give us all advice from the door and that was when I lost it!  I would just rather do it alone.  Well, I would like someone to refill my brush when I am cutting in at the ceiling so I don't have to climb up and down...

No comments:

Post a Comment