Sunday, February 3, 2013

Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh

I am not watching the Superbowl.  I am not really a big fan of either team and I have other things I need to do tonight.  I am however completely intrigued with the saga of the Harbaugh brothers.  I can't even begin to imagine what their parents are going through.  Peter Pan and I discussed this earlier today (we went out to eat, more on that in a minute) and we aren't really sure how you would respond.  Do you "divide and conquer" with one parent cheering for one team and the other cheering for the opposite team?  Do you cheer for every play?  It is of course exciting to have your sons coaching both teams at the biggest football event of the year, but the flip side is you know one is going to lose.  I just can't wrap my head around it.  That is the intersting part of the night for me.  I would love to be at their next family gathering, I bet there will be some trash talk.  Jackie Harbaugh you have my sympathy tonight.

Just as a quick update, Peter Pan took me out on a "real date" to a seafood buffet.  He is also not so excited about the Superbowl since the Pats will not be playing.  We had a really good time, but at the end he said, "I don't think this was a real date because all we did was eat!"  Go figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment