Tuesday, February 15, 2011

And the drama goes on...

So US Figure Skating is airing a one time theater showing of Rise (http://www.rise1961.com/)  telling the story of the 1961 US team that was killed in a plane crash on their way to the world championships.  It is a big event in the skating world.  Since our competition is this weekend and the movie is Thursday a few of our judges are arriving in time to go see it here.  I have made arrangements to take one to the theater with my daughter and I Thursday night.  In my excitement about going to see it I have asked a couple of other friends to go as well including... the ex-partner's mom.  Now, I am still friends with her.  We have been friends for a long time and have been through a lot.  I get why they made the decisions that they did, I probably would have done the same thing in their position.  I want to still be friends.  It isn't as easy for my daughter.  It is painful, which I didn't stop to think about.  Add another item to the list of sports mom screw ups!  In any case I think we have worked it out by adding one of her skating friends to the mix so she has someone her own age to talk with and hang out with.  Besides, as she informed me when we were in Greensboro for the US Skating Championships a couple of weekends ago, "No offense mom, but it is sort of boring to hang out with you all day."  That sort of brings me back to yesterday's post about letting go, but it still isn't easy.  This is why I have dogs I guess.  They always want and need you!

No comments:

Post a Comment