Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sports Drama, or Breaking Up is Hard on Everyone!

So this has not been the best of weekends.  I am realizing that the insanity of being a sports mom has more impact on my family than I thought.  I knew that the ending of my daughters skating partnership was incredibly hard on her, but I didn't realize that it had been devastating to all of us.  My husband let me know just how devastating it has been yesterday and we had a rough emotional day.  Just writing it makes it sound trivial and sort of crazy (remember "insane Sports Mom")  but it is anything but.  It has been like a divorce or a death.  That sounds really dramatic, but it has been.  Now I am left wondering what is the next step?  Is it time to give up on skating?  I am okay with that, my daughter isn't.  Do we let her move away from home at 16 to pursue this dream?  Is that also insane?  I want an "easy" button, but there are none to be had.  In any case we move on through this drama and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment