Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I Miss Going to the Rink

So now that Belle has her license she doesn't want me at the rink anymore.  This initially seemed like a golden opportunity, I could actually sleep past 4:00 AM.  We are in our 3rd week of this new life and I don't think I love it so much.  I really miss all my morning ice friends!  I miss watching her practice.  I even miss the free coffee from the ice rink!

It just made me think that often when you think something will be really good it turns out not to be so good after all.  There are so many times in my life when I wish for something to be done, or to change.  Maybe I should appreciate what I have! 

There are a lot of things that I miss if I really think about it.  I miss rec league football and cheerleading.  Sure it took up all of August-November, but we had a blast as an entire family.  I miss gymnastics- both Belle and Moose did it for a while although not together, Moose stopped when he was 4 (I thought it would make him more coordinated, I'm not sure it did.)  It was low key and fun to watch and they really enjoyed it, even if we did catch chicken pox there.  I miss dance and the recitals we attended.  I miss little league baseball. I miss rec league basketball.  I really miss that it was low key and fun!

If you really put it all together I think I miss my kids being little!  They needed Peter Pan and I in such a different way than they do now.  Of course I am proud of their achievments and success and how they are growing into amazing adults.  It just all happened so darn fast.  



No comments:

Post a Comment