Monday, April 4, 2011

Musings at the Drive Through

I drove through a fast food place for food yesterday morning.  Here are some thoughts I had waiting for my turn to order...


Do you ever listen in on the order of the car in front of you when you are at the drive through?  Is that rude? 

Why would you buy a Mercedes that is two toned?  And if you do get a two toned Mercedes why choose red and brown?  Just my opinion but it looked like it had been to a bad body shop. (Sorry if you have a red and brown Mercedes!)  If you do have a Mercedes can't you afford a better class of breakfast than drive through?

Do you ever do the last minute breakfast rush?  You hurry to the fast food place hoping to make it to the squawk box before they do the switch from breakfast to lunch.  Then you get behind someone who has a million questions and can't decide what they want (Yes, this is one of those evesdropping moments.)  "Do you have to get hash browns with a meal or can you get them by themselves?  Can I get lemonade with that?  What size would that be?" ..... and on and on and on.  I just want my one little biscuit/muffin/burrito for breakfast.  The worst is when they really do switch over while you are waiting, "I'm sorry we are serving lunch now." 

If you are ordering more than 10 items why don't you go inside?  The rest of us in the line really hate waiting while you order 7 sausage biscuits, 4 burritos, 2 ham and egg muffins, 13 hashbrowns and 15 coffees.  I realize that it is a pain to carry all that out to your car, but please be considerate of the rest of the line.

Once I saw two teenage boys back through the drive through.  They thought they were hilarious.  It was kind of funny.  This was when Michael was about 2 so I imagine that they are now fathers themselves and they probably still tell their friends and family about the time they backed through the drive through.

Some places are better than others.  You know the ones, you have to wait and wait.  Finally they send you off to the "parking spot" with the assurance that your food will be "right out."  Fast food my tail side, I could get a sit down meal quicker.  Along those same lines some places just shouldn't have drive throughs, they just aren't fast enough.

Sometimes I get in a panic when it is my turn to order and I don't know exactly what I want.  Does that ever happen to anyone else?  Then while you are looking for what you want all the sudden everything looks the same and you can't find the thing you want.  This happens especially often at a certain taco drive through.  It doesn't help that all of these places continually update their menus.  This is one place in my life where I like a little bit of consistency.

All this of course just serves to further reinforce that for many, many reasons I just should stay out of the drive through.  We will see how that works out...

No comments:

Post a Comment