Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pet Peeve or Why Can't You Just Put It Away

Why do children have such a hard time putting things away?  Is it so hard to walk 5 steps to the trash and throw away the empty cereal box?  Do you have to leave dirty dishes on the table?  If you are done with the cereal/pasta/crackers can't you put the box in the pantry?    Why do you put the empty box/bag/carton back into the cabinet or fridge instead of the trash?  Does this serve a purpose at all, and the excuse that there is still a little in there when it has about 1/4 an inch in the bottom isn't working for me.  I don't understand this.   2 seconds of work, problem solved.  No screaming mother, you don't have to stop your game/facebooking/texting to come back and deal with it.   

It isn't just kitchen stuff either, I have watched shoes grow roots on my steps waiting to be taken upstairs.  Clean laundry gets piled on the floor and then tossed about as they look for something to wear.  This leads to another pet peeve- still folded clean clothes in the laundry hamper to be washed again because the got mixed in with the dirty clothes.  I just don't understand it!

Belle left for Italy this morning on a school trip.  I got back from the airport to find 2 empty water bottles, a bottle of body spray, a black bag, 3 old pay stubs of hers, a pencil bag, a lunch box, and a wristlet on my dining room table.  It is ridiculous.  Why can't people just put things back where they belong?



I just don't get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment