Monday, March 21, 2011

Annoyances

It's Monday morning.  I am not a Monday morning person, so I am sure that is why I am easily annoyed right now.  Having said that here is a list of my grievances:

    *VMI always ends its furloughs (breaks to us normal people) on Mondays.  Don't they know that people  have to work on Mondays?  This means that either my husband or I have to work all day and then drive a 6-7 hour round trip to get our son back to school.  It is a pain!

     *My son didn't wake me up when he came in last night.  I trust him, I know he needs/wants to go out with his buddies.  All I ask, and I ask it repeatedly, is that he wake me up to let me know he is home safe.  There is nothing worse than waking up at 3:22 and not knowing if your child is home or not.  I got him back this time, I went in at 3:22 and woke him up!

     *Why do I always get stuck behind a school bus on the last quarter mile before my turn?!

     *If Zuca bags (my daughter has this sort of bag for her skates) are supposed to be so amazing how do we keep breaking them?  And why do I still have this broken one?  And how come it snagged my sweater this morning?

     *Why is it cloudy and 48 degrees this morning?  It is Spring for goodness sake.  Bring on the warm weather.

     *Who turned the magnets upside down on my car?

     *Why did I email the Mom whose blog mentioned a partnerless skater at her rink?  Am I that crazy and desperate?  Apparently yes!

     * Why did I schedule a parent conference for 8:00 this morning?  Am I insane?  And knowing that I have this conference at 8:00 why am I still at home now sitting on the computer?

     * Why does the dumb dachshund have to hide on the heater when it is time to put her in the crate?  Doesn't she know my knees are really old?

So that is what is bothering me this morning.  I have to tell you though that even with all that I noticed the most beautiful bed of daffodils on my way home from the rink this morning.  There were white and yellow blossoms all mixed together.  The trees are all blossoming.  The birds are chirping.  It may be a beautiful day after all!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your day improved... we had a great thunderstorm at least this morning, we didn't get enough last summer! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete